Monday, December 1, 2014

First let me do a Plaid-ie, Same game different players.

Kuzuzangpo y'all
Thats a Bhutanese southern right there for you, I have spent a decent time of my childhood in Dechencholing and Pangrizampa the little town I used to get mad excited to go to, is in my head the mexican/texas part of Bhutan so blame it on my childhood.



I am so excited my first post is finally going live, it has been in works for the longest time, in my head the longest and on the bright side you guys didn't have to wait as long as I did to see it come to life. I want to thank you for all the support and love you have given for the past few years of my blogg-age that encouraged me to start this blog up.

This is a blog I started to make my spin on Bhutanese clothing as we know it, as I was taught for the longest time and how I as a grown up interpret it outside of the conventional Do's and Don'ts. All I am saying is Its the same game, just Different players.

How conventionals do: They almost always pair it with a tego (its like umm the outer blazer or the thicker outer wear usually made of brocade or silk) and with the length just a little below the belt or Kera. Mind it Kera is the belt whereas Kira is the dress. Less crap I will have a glossary of terms as a widget on the blog soon, so that I don't have to write it out in every post. In short here is the deal women wear a kira consisting of a wonju the inner thinner blouse, kera the belt and tego. Plaid in a kira is not a everyday scene here we go to pieces called matha, seytha and pangtsi the go to prints for both women's kiras and mens ghos, and variations here and there.

How I did : I decided to leave the tego out and do gruge and vintage together with a huge oversized blazer and a duffle Yatha (a  colorful wool weaving) bag made of yak hair.



Please feel free to drop in suggestions, comments, feedback etc anything :D gifts too just messing :)
Tashi Delek

WEARING
Shoes: Threadsence
Glasses: Quay from ASOS

1 comment:

  1. All the best wishes for your new blog.. proud of our culture!

    ReplyDelete